What is business coaching ?
Over the last two decades coaching has become one of the most effective forms of development particularly popular among those leaders who aim at achieving extraordinary business results and building lasting changes in the organisational culture.
ICF (International Coach Federation) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment.
Coaches honour the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole.
Standing on this foundation, the coach’s responsibility is to:
– discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
– encourage client self-discovery
– elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
– hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential.
“Coaching is unlocking people’s potential to maximize their own performance.
It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them”
Sir John Whitmore
Coaching has grown significantly for many reasons, among them:
- Rapid changes are taking place in the external business environment
- Downsizing, restructuring, mergers and other organizational changes have radically altered the “traditional employment contract”. Companies can no longer achieve results using traditional management approaches
- With the growing shortage of talented employees in certain industries, companies must commit to investing in individuals’ development
- The disparity between what managers were trained to do and what their jobs now require of them is widening due to increasing demands for competitive results
- People are wrestling with job insecurity and increased workplace pressures to perform at higher levels than ever before
- Companies must develop inclusive, collaborative work environments to achieve strategic business goals and to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- Individuals who have experienced the excellent results of coaching are talking to more people about it
- People today are more open to the idea of being in charge of their own lives. Coaching helps them do just that
In short, coaching helps individuals and companies focus on what matters most in life and business, and so the industry continues to grow.
WHAT MY CLIENTS SAY:
HR Business Partner, international pharmaceutical company I find our sessions really supportive. They are a source of positive energy and thanks to them I have been able to introduce important changes in a number of areas. Now I focus on solutions and look for options I did not use to see. Thank you!HR Business Partner, international pharmaceutical company
HR Director, energy sector Piotr Jankiewicz has been involved in designing and executing the development process for our Talents ? a group of 17 Experts. Since day one Piotr has shown great professional attitude. As a result we have managed to get the Experts? and their Superiors? buy-in, progress in terms of professional development and a higher level of confidence and performance. I recommend Piotr as a professional is ready to go the ?extra mile? to make things happen.HR Director, energy sector
Learning and Development Head (Global), financial sector Over the last 15 months we have engaged Piotr?s services to help us to drive our coaching efforts and, together with members of my team Piotr has been hands on in both the design and delivery of the programmes we have run. As Piotr is so driven by results this has pushed us as an organisation to be very clear about our measurements and I personally appreciate how Piotr keeps bringing us back to these. It is rare for development consultants to do this and it is one of the reasons I enjoy working with Piotr.Learning and Development Head (Global), financial sector
Event Planner, own business, Warsaw If someone had asked me six months ago how many new clients I will sign contracts with, I would have been afraid to give this number. It has become reality though! I have managed to triple my turnover and my profits have jumped, too. I have let ?bad clients? go ? they would take up a lot of my time and order hardly anything. I have decided to work only with ?premium? Clients and I am surprised that there are so many of them out there!Event Planner, own business, Warsaw
Business Communication Trainer, Warsaw Piotr is a trustworthy person, which was important for me while choosing the coach. We have been working on improving some key aspects of my professional performance and I have achieved some goals in a short time, which I believe is the best evidence of Return On Investment. I am happy to recommend sessions with Piotr ? it is easier to face challenges together.Business Communication Trainer, Warsaw
Finance&Office Coordinator, Training Company, Warsaw Piotr?s commitment and his professional approach have helped me to solve problems that had been challenging before. I have identified my strengths and I am more aware of theFinance&Office Coordinator, Training Company, Warsaw
Dental clinic owner, Warsaw Thanks to my sessions with Piotr, I realised where I am ? in terms of developing the clinic I own and manage, I worked out and have been consistently implementing my own ?Success Strategy?, I know my priorities and I am no longer involved in stuff that used to take up much of my time but did not translate into business development. I did not have to wait long for the very measurable results ? during the last 10 months we have increased the number of our patients by over 30% and at the same time our profitability has jumped by almost 15%.Dental clinic owner, Warsaw